Sunday 9 October 2016

Midnight Margaritas!



The next few months are my favourites, and it all starts with my birthday month. My birthday falls on Halloween, HALLOWEEN BABY YAY. 

How BOOtiful is October: The change in the season along with the smells such as crisp air, burning bonfire, pumpkins, yankee candles and mulled wine. I just love everything about this month and I really go all out with the tradition of Halloween. I decorate the house all spooky, I carve pumpkins, I dress up, I still apple bop at the age of 23 (soon to be 24) and I watch my all time favourite film 'Practical Magic' which is all about witches romance - a proper Halloween classic! Which then brings me to explain the whole point of this particular post...

One of my favourite scenes in the movie, is when the sisters and aunts enjoy 'Midnight Margaritas' and sing along to Harry Nilsson's "Coconut" having a wild time in the kitchen, which is why myself and Charleigh decided to make the cocktails. We played the 'Practical Magic' sound track and just spent the whole night being silly and laughing, that probably had something to do with the Rum!

I love drinking cocktails and I really enjoy making them. I wanted to make 'Tequila Sunrise', but I think i'll save that for summer! 'Midnight Margaritas' might not sound or look so appealing but trust me they are delicious, and if you're a Rum lover, I highly advise you try it! Small amount of ingredients, not necessarily expensive and easy to make. 

Ingredients: 

4oz Rum
2oz Triple Sec (Ideally Cointreau)
4oz Lime Juice (from freshly squeezed limes)
Ice (optional)
Salt/Sugar and 4 lime wedges (garnish)




Instructions:
  1. Cut a lime into wedges and run one around the rims of your glasses. Dip each rim into salt to coat. Chill in the fridge until needed. 
  2. Roll your limes on a kitchen surface (you'll get more juice this way), then cut and squeeze into a container until you have 4 oz. 
  3. Put the tequila, triple sec, or cointreau, and lime juice into a blender (plus ice if you want it extra chilled) and whizz until mixed and slushy! 
  4. Pour into glass, add lime wedge to each rim and serve. 

To add a little something different, we made dry oranges coated in cinnamon. This made the whole kitchen smell absolutely divine! Another one of our favourite smells. 


Remember...

"Always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can."

Love Charlotte. 
xo





No comments:

Post a Comment