Sunday 11 September 2016

Female Empowerment & The Girl That Changed My Life.


I can't think of any other way to start this post other than to publicly thank Charleigh for showing me what true friendship really is and for helping me realise my worth again. 



I have never experienced a 'girl friend' aggressively make me see what everyone else sees, defends me and shows me off. The complete opposite to the 'friendships' I've had in the past. In my previous post, I spoke about friends becoming bullies and the experience of what I had to go through. People like that are intimidated by you and try to take your confidence away because they are slacking that themselves. So whatever you are, own it! I've always been a confident person, I am definitely not shy but of course with everything that went on previously, I lost my spark a little, until I was reunited with the girl that changed my life..


We met when we were little as our parents were friends. We always knew of each other growing up but of course through the years, we lost contact. Thats okay though, that's life and I believe the people who are destined to be together, will always come back into your life one way or another. We RANDOMLY bumped into each other on our holidays in Morocco. We were staying at the the same Riu hotel and at first I actually spotted Grace (her sister) just casually walking by the pool. I thought I was dreaming, and then one evening at dinner we crossed paths and Charleigh was there too. We had absolutely no idea that we were all going to be in Morocco at the same time - weird!
Anyway, we planned all the things we were going to do when we got back to England and one of them was of course to go back and dance together, and thats exactly what we did. Charleigh saw something in me and pushed me to get back into the studio and we even started renting out our very own.


It was the first 'girlie night' we had since holiday that we literally had a 'heart to heart' moment and everything came out like word vomit. The boyfriends, the friends, the secrets, the goals... I could go on, but my fingers will hurt from typing. Now, I don't trust anyone and neither does she, but yet we trust each other with our whole lives. I once read the quote - "Sometimes you just meet someone, and it's so clear that that the two of you belong together, as friends or as family. You just work, whether you understand one another or you're partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive." That pretty much sums us up. She obviously knows every detail about me and she cannot believe half the stuff I've told her. The shit boyfriends, the shit friends. To me it was just 'normal' and I would actually laugh about it but I noticed she never laughed, she didn't find it funny and told me how wrong it was, she helped me see clearer. All we ever do is laugh, we cry of laughter to the point our bellies are aching. We've not had one single argument, but if I wanted to do something that maybe she didn't necessarily agree with, she would tell me, calmly and in the nicest way. Not come at me with attitude and tell me I'm wrong. 

Charleigh isn't a jealous person and neither am I. We've both never ever experienced jealousy in a malicious way towards any other female. It's not in our nature and so we can never understand when girls are like that. If we think a girl is pretty, we will make sure she KNOWS IT. We would never sit and write indirects about people, small digs and try to make people feel shit about themselves.. What is that behaviour? But then again, when you're secure in yourself, you don't do that shit. Admire someone else beauty without questioning your own. We are all beautiful in our own different ways, Embrace it. She's helped me overcome some of the insecurities I used to have and looking back I can't actually believe I used to have them. She supports everything I do, same as I do her. She compliments me and makes me feel really good about myself.
Charleigh is one of the most beautiful, purest souls I have ever met and if you know her personally then you are extremely lucky. She's GENUINE. You know them 'friends' who don't even acknowledge what you're doing, even though you're working your ass off? Yeah, she would never even dream of doing anything like that. She encourages and pushes me.


 I feel like there are a lot of girls who claim they are all for women empowerment but are the same ones posting quotes all over instagram about another. Don't be hypocritical or contradict yourself, it's not cute. I've always said you can be the most beautiful girl in the world but if your personality is ugly then you are ugly. I cannot stand females who aren't genuine and are just claiming they are a girls girl for fashion and because it's the 'in thing' to say. I LOVE WOMEN! I want them to slay life, for them and the boy who doesn't text them back. I'm a feminist, so I'm all for the girls. This is where me and Charleigh are the same, I love that she's real and not a bitch. We don't hate women, we are content in ourselves and that theres room for every woman to win. I guess thats why we don't have that competition with each other. I've never experienced a friendship like this but i'm glad she taught me. I don't compete with no-one, I strive to stay winning for me, my friends and family. Theres room for all of us at the top. 

Have a blessed day..
x

No comments:

Post a Comment